- Do I need to consult with a Car Accident Lawyer ?
- Most Common Types of Car Accidents in NYC
- When Should You Get a Lawyer If You Have Been Involved in an Auto Accident?
- What Evidence Is Required for a Car Accident Claim in NY?
- Your attorney can use these tests to help prove someone else's guilt and prove the seriousness of your injuries.
- What to do if you have been injured in a Car Accident
- Common Mistakes After a Car Accident
- How a Law Firm Can Help After a Car Accident
- Frequent questions
- Contact a Car Accident Law Firm in New York today to discuss your Case.
Do I need to consult with a Car Accident Lawyer ?
Being involved in a car accident can be a life changing experience. The implicit physical, mental and emotional effects of a car accident could stay with you for the rest of your life. If you have been involved in a car accident, you need an experienced attorney at your side who can help you receive the compensation you deserve.
Most Common Types of Car Accidents in NYC
Car accidents can happen at any time to anyone, even if you have a perfect driving record. Texas leads the country with more fatal car crashes than any other state, with almost one car crash occurring every 60 seconds in 2015. Do consult with your New York Car Accident Lawyer .
Common types of car crashes include:
- Frontal collisions
- Rear collisions
- Side hit or side impact
- Accidents related to the climate, like hydroplanear
- Collision with stationary objects such as a utility pole or a tree
- Tire Removal
- Auto Accidents
Common Car Accident Injuries: Do Consult with Car Injury Lawyer Now
Regardless of the type of accident or impact force, motor vehicle accidents can cause injuries ranging from mild to extremely serious, and even death. Some of the injuries will be immediately apparent, while others may manifest over time, as complications of spinal misalignment.
The most common types of injuries resulting from auto accidents are:
- Brain damage or trauma
- Broken or broken bones
- Spinal misalignment
When Should You Get a Lawyer If You Have Been Involved in an Auto Accident?
If you have been injured in a car accident, you probably will not automatically receive the compensation you deserve. That is why it is important to have a lawyer on your side who has experience in handling car accidents and help you to get all the benefits you deserve. You should get an attorney if:
- The car accident in which you were involved resulted in serious injuries, such as broken bones or injuries
- permanent paralysis
- The car accident resulted in a death
- It is difficult to determine who was to blame
- The police report puts you at fault, even if you feel someone else was guilty
- The accident occurs in a construction zone
- You are not sure about your rights or the terms on your insurance policy
- Other parties were involved in the accident, such as another car or a pedestrian
- The insurance company refuses to pay or offers you to pay an amount too low (however, keep in mind that it is highly advisable to talk to an attorney before negotiating anything with an insurance company)
What Evidence Is Required for a Car Accident Claim in NY?
Evidence used to determine guilt includes:
- Photos of damages and injuries resulting from the accident
- Statements of witnesses
- Police reports
- Statements you make to your insurance company (it is highly advisable not to give any statement to the insurance company.
- insurance until after you have contacted your accident lawyer)
- Medical Records
- Reconstruction of the accident
Your attorney can use these tests to help prove someone else’s guilt and prove the seriousness of your injuries.
Statute of Limitations in Houston About Car Accident The state of Texas generally has a statute of limitations of two years, which means that you have two years from the day of your accident to file your claim. However, you should consult with your lawyer as soon as possible while the accident details are still fresh in your mind and witnesses and evidence are available.
What to do if you have been injured in a Car Accident
If you have been involved in a car accident, the following actions could prove beneficial in case you need to partner with a lawyer:
- Call 911 and the police, even if you do not believe you are injured and the damage is minimal
- Take photos of the accident site, including damage to the vehicle and other damaged structures.
- Photograph and document your injuries if you are able to do so
- Go to the hospital or emergency care if necessary
Common Mistakes After a Car Accident
- Admitting guilt – It is not wise to determine who is to blame, as you may not be aware of all the circumstances that contributed to the accident. Also state and local Texas laws that are applicable to the accident are complicated and technical.
- Failure to exchange contact information – If possible, you should exchange insurance and contact information with the parties involved in the accident. Also, make sure you get the license of the car from all parties involved.
- Do not take notes – You should write down all the details that you can think of as soon as possible. Even the small things that you think would not be important could make a difference in winning your case.
- Leaving the scene before talking to the police – This not only makes you look guilty, it could also be a felony in some circumstances. Be sure to give your statement to the police and get clearance to leave the scene.
How a Law Firm Can Help After a Car Accident
If you were injured in a car accident, you should not have to suffer from another person’s mistake. A car accident lawyer can help ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries and other costs associated with your accident. Even if you can not completely relieve yourself, having the lawyer on your side, you can help lighten the financial burden and stress of all situations created so that you can begin to put your life in the right direction.
New York Accident Attorneys work with each client on a contingency fee basis – if they do not win your case, you do not pay. Once they begin your case, they will devote as much time and resources as possible to help you get a positive resolution. You will have your lawyer’s direct telephone number and other contact information for immediate communication. Your lawyer will work with you around your schedule and we will meet where it is most convenient for you to ensure that we are working towards a solution.
Is it really necessary for me to talk to a New York lawyer?
Not all accidents require a lawyer. However, if you feel that you were wrongly blamed, suffered a serious injury, or feel that the insurance company offered an agreement that is not sufficient, it is in your best interest to partner with a lawyer who can help you navigate the legal field
The insurer said I do not need a lawyer, right?
Insurance companies seek to protect their own interests, not theirs. The less they pay, the more profits they get for themselves. They are notorious for denying lawsuits or making absurdly low offers. An attorney can ensure that you are paid fairly and can help you get the most money for your claim.
I do not want to go to Judgment, can you still help me?
Many cases never go to court because insurance companies and some injured people prefer to settle outside the court. There is a great chance that you will receive your compensation without setting foot in a courtroom.
How much will I have to pay?
When you win your case, you pay a percentage of your money back. If we do not win your case, you will not pay anything.
How long will it be before my case ends?
Each case is different and could take a few months or even years before an agreement is reached or the trial begins. We work hard to get you the solution you deserve as quickly as possible, but without sacrificing the value of your case. There is no way to guarantee when your case will end because it depends on many factors.
Contact a Car Accident Law Firm in New York today to discuss your Case.
There is no risk in knowing how a car accident lawyer can help you, and absolutely there is no obligation to go ahead with your case. Schedule your free private consultation today and focus on your medical recovery and financial recovery.