Coronavirus has existed for a long time on this earth. There are estimated 1030 viruses exist on our planet earth—enough to assign one to every star in the universe 100 million times over. (Source: National Geographic).
- 1030 = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
- What are the symptoms of Coronavirus/Covid-19?
- Coronavirus: How long does it take to recover?
- Why there is non-stop Fear-Mongering News about Coronavirus deaths in every News Channel?
- Italy Death Figures from Covid-19 proven all wrong
- Watch Video: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19 (source:youtube)?
- What role does stress play in any disease?
- What to do if you experience Coronavirus like symptoms?
1030 = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
Similar to other viruses, coronavirus has existed for a long time on this earth. As per NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information) “Coronaviruses are found in a diverse array of bat and bird species, which are believed to act as natural hosts. Molecular clock dating analyses of coronaviruses suggest that the most recent common ancestor of these viruses existed around 10,000 years ago.” (source:NCBI)
“Molecular clock dating analyses of coronaviruses suggest that the most recent common ancestor of these viruses existed around
10,000 years ago. “
Fever, cough, and shortness of breath are found in the vast majority of all coronavirus cases. But there are additional signs of the virus.
Whats the Difference between Coronaviruses and Covid-19?
Coronavirus is the virus which causes the disease which later came to known as Covid-19. Covid-19 is the name given to disease which results from coronavirus variants and was spotted in 2019 and hence the name given is Covid-19.
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is defined as illness caused by a ‘novel coronavirus’ which is now called as severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2; formerly called 2019-nCoV).
SARS-CoV-2 is a coronavirus which results in coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that target and affect mammals’ respiratory systems.
Coronaviruses can be OF DIFFERENT FORMS like SARS Coronavirus and MERS Coronavirus.
What are the symptoms of Coronavirus/Covid-19?
Following are 10 signs that you or someone close to you may have contracted coronavirus.
- Shortness of breath – You feel shortness of breath. This is the KEY Symptom of Coronavirus and you must seek medical help if you are experiencing shortage of breath or consult with your doctor.
- Fever & Chills – Just like Seasonal Viral Flu, you experience these symptoms too but you will experience high temperature.
- Dry cough – Dry cough is one of the symptoms
- Digestive Problems – Diarrhea or other typical gastric problems could be accompanied by these.
- Loss of Smell and Taste
- Fatigue and Body Aches
- Sore Throat
(Symptoms 8,9, and 10 are quite identical to common cold). However, not every common cold is coronavirus. Just having 1 or 2 symptoms does not mean you have a coronavirus. However, shortness of breath is one of the key symptoms of coronavirus since this virus affects your lungs.
Coronavirus: How long does it take to recover?
Watch Video Source: BBC
Why there is non-stop Fear-Mongering News about Coronavirus deaths in every News Channel?
The flu, in USA alone, kills from 25,000 people to 69,000 people a year. Have we ever seen same level of awareness being generated about Flu Deaths ? Certainly NO.
As per CDC official source about 647,000 people die from heart diseases each year and one person dies every 37 seconds (source: https://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/facts.htm).
However, this data is not shown or shared on most of the news channels. Very few news channels actually share these statistics. This has resulted in some people thinking that CORONAVIRUS is the only VIRUS which exists in nature and due to which entire humanity will be wiped out.
Italy Death Figures from Covid-19 proven all wrong
Whole media was bombarding news of thousands and thousands of deaths from various countries including Italy, Germany, China whereas the reality was quite different from what was being projected in the media.
While some health experts were projecting millions of deaths from Covid-19, the actual death figures were quite low.
Read Bloomberg News: 99% of Those Who Died From Virus Had Other Illness, Italy Says
Watch Video: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19 (source:youtube)?
What role does stress play in any disease?
The stress which a healthy person generates can actually lower your defense against any virus or disease which exist on this planet. Taking precaution is different, but taking stress is something which can have severe impact on your health as well as those around you.
Watch this video by Dr. Bruce Lipton to understand impact of stress on human body
What to do if you experience Coronavirus like symptoms?
If you are worried about coronavirus or someone close to you showing severe symptoms of coronavirus, then do consult with a doctor/hospital right away. Having coronavirus does not mean you are going to die. The good news is that recovery rate of coronavirus is Good and most of the people recover while in home quarantine and with proper medication. Only those with severe symptoms have to be hospitalised or those with underlying comorbidities.
Key Reference Sources:
- How many viruses –https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/04/factors-allow-viruses-infect-humans-coronavirus/
- History of Coronavirus – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3676139/
- Heart Disease Statistics (CDC) https://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/facts.htm
- Naming of Coronavirus and Covid-19 – https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/technical-guidance/naming-the-coronavirus-disease-(covid-2019)-and-the-virus-that-causes-it
- Novel Coronavirus/Covid-19 – https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/novel-coronavirus-your-questions-answered