Many people do not realize that raw cocoa is the greatest source of antioxidants in the world, and that looking at Google “cocoa” and “health” will get more than one million results.
And it’s not just about those health websites that are reporting on the healthy benefits of chocolate, from professionals doctors, scientists, and research.
So should you start eating more and more chocolate?
The real problem is not with the cocoa. Cocoa is indeed healthy and is produced naturally. However, most of the children if given cocoa chocolate in its raw form might actually discard it due to its strong bitter taste rather than sweet taste as we see in advertisements. Children might discard original cocoa chocolate because it will taste completely different from what commercially available chocolates taste like.
However, when this cocoa gets mixed with sugar and milk it is transformed into something completely different which is pure artificial sugar and it not a healthy product. The artificial sweeteners and preservatives used in the chocolates can literally destroy the tooth enamel of your small kids.
The first thing to know is that not all chocolates are good, if they contain a lot of sugar milk or nutritional and health value is reduced, so you should actually try to eat the black or bitter chocolate made of 100% pure cocoa. Most commercial chocolates are something very different from cocoa in its natural state. The chocolate that is found in stores loses its health benefits with the different treatment such as dutching and toasting.
Side Effects Of Eating Commercial Chocolate Every day: Why Is Chocolate Bad For You?
Why Chocolates & Chips Are Harmful to Your Child? | Right Diet | by Dr. P. Janaki Srinath
If you are eating pure cocoa chocolate then it is healthy. However, most of the commercially available sweet chocolates are loaded with sugar and preservatives which are unhealthy and can cause health issues.
Not to forget the damage to the tooth is the most serious damage which sweet chocolates can cause. When small kids end up experiencing excruciating pain in their teeths, there is very little which parents can do other than to head for a dentist who will recommend the “ROOT CANAL” or other similar procedures. However, most of the damage is already done and root canal procedures are not safe either.