Best Mesothelioma Lawyers 2019
Mesothelioma is one of the rare and a very aggressive tumor which affects the pleura. The main known cause of mesothelioma is linked with exposure to asbestos, a mineral which was widely used in the building and construction industry whose use was banned four decades ago. It was also used in various household products including blankets, and clothes. Helios7.com brings you some of the best resources related to mesothelioma which will help you select best mesothelioma lawyer for your legal case. Before you decide to hire an attorney, it is important for you to understand Mesothelioma and Asbestos.
Hire Best Lawyer for mesothelioma compensation?If you get the news that you have mesothelioma cancer, you will usually think of doctors, treatments, hospitals, even diets. But when we are told "mesothelioma," the first thing we think of is mesothelioma lawyer, remembering the television commercials we have seen over time. The traditional commercial initiates a masculine voice in off, saying something like: " If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma ... ". That is: "If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma ..." The ad will end by asking you to contact best mesothelioma law firm for a free consultation.
There is a very valid reason for this.Mesothelioma is caused by exposure to asbestos which has been recognized as carcinogenic element by multiple institutions including the United States Human and Health Services; the Environmental Protection Agency of the United States, and the International Agency for Research on Cancer. Unfortunately, this exposure to asbestos which resulted in mesothelioma for the workers could have been avoided. Those who had the power to avoid this exposure were the manufacturers of asbestos, who knew that asbestos was a carcinogen. The law recognizes the right of every worker to work in a health environment. Since your employer did not provide a safe environment for you, it is considered as negligence. Such irresponsibility has caused you significant physical, economic and emotional damage. Therefore, you have the right to financial compensation. The mesothelioma lawyers handle these legal procedures and help you receive justice and compensation for your mesothelioma case.
A little bit of history about AsbestosAlthough exposure to asbestos has been documented to cause serious health damage, the toxic mineral was mined and processed in thousands of industrial and household products for many decades. Since the 1920s there are statistics that asbestos workers died early. In the 1930s the Johns Manville factory had reports that its employees showed signs of asbestosis. However, the publication of this medical report was stopped by the company. In the early 1930s, medical documents like these began to appear in the United States. They caused great concern in the asbestos industry. Trying to defend themselves, asbestos companies began a campaign to suppress the truth. With power games, closed-door deals, fake evidence, bribes and more, the asbestos industry created one of the biggest cover-ups in US history.
Some considerations when choosing the mesothelioma lawyer or asbestos attorney:
- The size of the office. Top 10 asbestos law firms often have more resources to handle cases.
- The reputation of the lawyer. Your credentials, your ranking with the BBB (Better Business Bureau), your membership in professional associations, as well as the testimonials of your clients.
- The quality of care you receive. Not always a small office gives you more individualized attention. The attention is more related to the way the office is organized.
- Who will be in charge of your case? The lawyer you initially contact is not always the one who handles your case. Sometimes the person in charge is a lawyer with less experience.
- The workload of the office. The firm's ability to handle its workload is an important factor.
- The experience of the legal team . Have you handled cases of asbestos exposure? What were your results?
- The availability of the asbestos attorney to attend to your concerns. Who will inform you about the progress of your case? Who can you call if you have questions?