It is invisible but omnipresent. Every time you turn on the television, connect to the internet or talk on the phone, the electric waves from these devices generate an electromagnetic fog or – in English,electrosmog – that you can not smell or see … but that inevitably surrounds you.
Scientists have spent years investigating this issue and debating how dangerous the effects of these waves really are .
EMF Stands for Electro Motive Force is the voltage developed by any source of electrical energy such as a cell phone, battery or any other electrical appliance.
The Dangers of EMFs
What it is and how electromagnetic radiation affects you?
These are questions that are becoming more and more people in the world and in 2014, WHO published an extensive report on the electromagnetic waves of cell phones, which were classified by the International Center for Research on Cancer as “possibly carcinogenic . ”
This means that the risk could not be proven … but not ruled out either.
And, in 2015, a woman obtained a disability pension in France after ensuring that she suffered from electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS) , a condition recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO), which has spent years investigating it.
How to Reduce this Exposure ?
The WHO recommendations regarding the use of cell phones to reduce any risk are quite specific:
- Place the device at a distance of 30 or 40 cm from the body when writing text messages or surfing the internet
- Avoid as much as possible bringing the device to the head (using headphones and “hands-free” devices)
- Reduce the number of calls and their duration
- Use the cell phone in areas with good reception
- Do not sleep with your cell phone in the room
You Won’t Believe How EMFs Affect Your Body!
Reducing EMF in the House
Electromagnetic pollution is also in walls, ceilings and open spaces. It is enough that there are radio signals so that this contamination is generated.
And its strength will be greater or lesser depending on the frequency of the waves.
That’s why some specialists recommend this type of measures inside the house:
- Turn off the wifi at night or put the devices in “airplane mode”
- Unplug electrical appliances
- Do not use reading lamps near the body
- Place filters that clean the “dirty electricity”
- Locate the appliances against walls that give to the outside
But, once again, it is important to keep in mind that not all radiation outside or inside the home is harmful to health and that the effects of “electrosmog” have not yet been demonstrated or officially classified.
And since most of the electromagnetic waves that surround us are invisible and unavoidable, the WHO advises to be preventive, but warns about another possible effect: the “anxiety linked to the presence of new technologies”.
How to Reduce EMFs
Three Crystals for EMF Protection
5 Plants That Protect You From Radiation Emitted By Electronic Devices In The House
EMF Protection Tips and Information