CBD OilFeatured Newsmotherhood
8 Amazing Health Benefits of Desi Ghee (Clarified Butter)
There are many food and drink options available in winter. One of these options is Desi Ghee, which is not only good for your health but also very beneficial for your skin.
Ghee is one of the major ingredient of Ayurvedic medicines in India. It brings multiple health benefits. However, Ayurveda always recommend Ghee/Clarified Butter made from Cow’s Ghee.
Following are some of the amazing benefits of Desi-Ghee (Clarified Butter made from Cow’s Milk)
- Desi Ghee is also called brain food, as it is very beneficial for the brain.
- Desi Ghee contains Vitamin A, which is good for eyesight. Desi ghee controls eye pressure and is also very beneficial for patients with glaucoma.
- Make a thick paste by adding two teaspoons of ghee, two teaspoons gram flour and water as required in a bowl. Apply it on your face for 20 minutes and then wash your face with cold water. Apply this face pack three times a week for better results.
- Constipation problem is more during winter season. If you drink two spoons of ghee in a cup of warm milk before bed, then you will feel much better.
- Desi ghee is very helpful in keeping the digestion process right.
- In winter, not only the skin but also the head is more prone to dandruff and dryness. The result is that the hair starts to fall more. In this case, if desi ghee is massaged, then the problem of hair loss is cured. Three types of foods have been prescribed in Ayurveda. First- cold, second- hot and third- normal. Desi ghee falls in the category of “warm effect”, so it is very helpful in protecting against cold.
- Cold and phlegm are the most annoying problems in cold weather. One of its remedies in Ayurveda is ‘Nyasa’. Meaning few drops of desi ghee are put in the nose. Its process can be understood with the help of an Ayurveda expert.
- It is common for skin to become dry during winter season. In such a situation, desi ghee is very beneficial. It contains fatty acids that add life to lifeless and dry skin.
Benefits of Ghee by Dr Shikha Sharma